Saturday, September 27, 2008

Celebrating Justin's Birthday

So, let me just start off by saying I feel really stupid because this blog is about Justin's birthday, but I don't even have a picture of him on his birthday. I know, I know, pretty bad huh! :) Anyway, Justin and I had a good time on his birthday. The Friday the 19th, the night before his birthday, we invited friends over and had cake and icecream. It was a lot of fun. Then Saturday we went to Justin's grandparents house and made pumpkin carriages with Mom Sollami. They were a lot of fun to make.
Later that day we drove around and looked at the fall leaves in Midway, Provo canyon, and Sundance/Aspen Grove area. Afterword we went out to dinner with Justin's parents and Grandpa Sollami to P.F. Changs. We had a lot of fun and I am sure glad Justin was born!
Unfortunately, Justin got one of me when I quickly jumped out to grab some leaves off this tree, but I figured I would get one of him once we went up the canyon and then I forgot. Boo hoo.

9 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Don't feel bad, I totally forgot to take kell's picture at her first birthday party, you know the obligatory one with the candle on the cake.

That pumpkin creation is just a thing of beauty!

And the leaves.

Ashley Schill said...

Happy Birthday Justin! I am so glad you guys have a blog. It's so cute, I don't know what you were talking about mel. Also, mel you look so beautiful in the picture with the leaves! Didn't we go out one time and pick leaves for a table centerpiece? Or am I just making that up? I miss you tons!

Adele said...

Happy Birthday Justin!!! I love those pumpkin carriages- What a creative decoration!! You look beautiful in that picture!! I miss you so much!!

Annie and Berkeley said...

Happy Birthday to Justin! Also, I love those pumpkin carriages! I want to know how to make them. They turned out so cute.

Anonymous said...

Mel, I'm so excited that you started a blog! Those pumpkin carriages are absolutely amazing! Happy Birthday to Justin.

The Gwynns said...

Those are some pretty rockin' pumpkin carriages! Looks like it was a good birthday! Anyways, it was good to see you guys last Sunday, I will call you with our new address as soon as we get it so you can forward mail over here. Thanks for everything!

aly said...

mel! you are just as adorable as ever! how are you guys?

Jen said...

Hey girl! It has been so long. I found your blog off Beccas and just wanted to say hello. Hope everything is going well. Heathers little boy Christian is SOOO stinking cute and I absolutely love your pumpkin carriages. I wish I were creative! keep in touch ok!

Annie and Berkeley said...

Hi Melanie, I don't know how often you check your blog, but I have been trying to figure out how to get in contact with you. I am so sorry I was unable to make it to your baby shower, but I had a ward one at the exact same time. Bummer! Please e-mail me your address/phone number/e-mail address so I can contact you! I would love to see you guys. My e-mail is annie16_b@hotmail.com