Thursday, September 10, 2009

I know . . . I know . . . It's been forever


Yes, I do realize it has been forever since I've blogged! Don't worry several people have reprimanded me for it so I am repenting and doing a blog. Just to update you, here are a few things we've been up to the last 3 months.

July 4th
I love the 4th! It is one of my favorite holidays because of the following reasons:
1. You don't have to worry about giving or receiving gifts
2. It's summer!
3. Fireworks!!! The sound, the colors, the people, it's all great.
4. Being with friends and family
5. BBQs
6. I love the Red, White, and Blue color scheme
7. Celebrating our Country! It truly is wonderful.

July 24th
We went pseudo-camping with Justin's family and had a blast! I say pseudo-camping because we spent the day in the mountains and stayed in a hotel at night. That's the way to go when you have a 4 month old. Juliet even reeled in her first fish!


Juliet's 1st time swimming
Wow, I thought either she would hate it or be some what okay with it for awhile and then get sick of it, but she loved it! She even ended up falling asleep in the float tube. We went with part of my family.
Most Recent - Marett Family Reunion - September 5th-7th
We rarely have Marett Reunions. The last one was five years ago, so it was really fun to get together this year. We missed those who couldn't make it. We stayed at Camelot right next to the Strawberry Pinnacles.

8 comments:

Chris and Heather said...

Thanks for the update. We were going through with withdraws. I loved the pictures. I really liked the one with Justin on the tire swing. It was great spending time with you guys this summer.

Michelle said...

Cute family! Glad for the update. Juliet looks like she has long legs. Is she tall for her age?

Adele said...

Hey!! You're alive! It has been forever... and you shouldn't keep me waiting that long! I love you 4th of july pics! it is a great holiday! It was so great to see you last month! thanks again!

Justin, Melanie, & Juliet said...

Michelle, she is a bit long for her age. It will be interesting to see at her 6 month visit what percentile she is.

Mark and Cheree said...

Love the update, Madison will be so happy to see your "new" blog. Great pictures, what an adorable family!

Ashley Schill said...

YAY!! You updated your blog! I'm so happy! I can't believe how much Juliet has changed since we saw her in the summer. She is so adorable! Mel, you look great in all the photos! I love Fourth of July for all the reasons you do! Don't let your next post be in a couple months! I can't handle the waiting!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are adorable. Juliet is so cute! I love the big one of all of you at the top. Looks like you've been having fun. We need to get together soon!

Annie and Berkeley said...

Yes!! I am so glad you updated! It sounds like things are going well for you guys. Juliet is beautiful and you look really great! We should really get together sometime.